- 2½ oz - fresh or frozen white fish (Cod, Haddock, Sea Bass or Pollack)
- 1 cup raw spinach
- ½ cup no-sodium added tomatoes ♦
- pepper (to taste)
- 2 ½ oz fat free shredded cheese
- 1 slice of whole grain bread
2 ½ oz. protein*, 1 Veggie, 1 dairy, AND 1 carb
- Preheat the oven to 375°.
- Rinse spinach and place in the bottom of a glass baking dish.
- Season fillet with freshly ground black pepper.
- Lay fish on top of spinach.
- Pour diced or crushed tomatoes and their juices on top and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake for 15 - 18 minutes.
- Serve with a slice of whole grain bread to help sop up the juices.
* Remember: You need to add 2 oz. of protein for dinner!
♦ Brand Recommendation: Hunt's Whole or Diced Tomatoes No Salt Added and Eden Organic Crushed Tomatoes, No Salt Added. These aren't the only ones you may use, but they are just suggestions of brands that fit within the guidelines.