- 8 c fresh chard (any variety)
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 4 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- black pepper (to taste)
1 Veggie per serving
- Wash the chard thoroughly.
- Remove the stems and chop into 1" pieces (this is only necessary if the stems aren't tender). Set aside.
- Stack the leaves and roll them into a scroll. Using a sharp knife, cut across each scroll so that you have 1" wide ribbons of chard leaves.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, sauté the tomatoes and chard stems until they reach the desired consistency. Approximately 5 - 15 minutes.
- Add chard leaves one hand full at a time, stirring after each addition. After all of the leaves have been added, add the vinegar and water, if needed.
- Cover and steam until they reach their desired doneness. Approximately 5 - 15 minutes.
- Check occasionally to be sure there is enough water in the pan.
- Before serving, season with the pepper and stir to combine.
- Divide into 4 portions and refrigerate until ready to use. Best served warm.
∞ Note: Cooking time for the chard and tomatoes depends on how tough the greens are. Smaller, younger leaves and stems will be more tender, so adjust your cooking time accordingly.