- ½ large banana
- 1 egg *
- ¼ tsp vanilla
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon **
- ½ cup GrapeNuts
- 3 oz yogurt (0-1 grams fat & not over 50 calories)
1 fruit, ½ dairy & 1 carb per serving
- Preheat non-stick pan over LO-MED heat.
- In a food processor, combine first 4 ingredients.
- Pulse 2 - 3 times.
- Pour into non-stick pan to make 2 -3 pancakes.
- Flip as needed. (When the top is covered with air bubbles)
- When both sides are brown and the pancake is cooked through, move to plate. It is delightful on its own, but if you feel you need something sweet, top with 1 tbsp of warmed natural preserves (Polaner All -Fruit) or sugar-free syrup.
- Stir together the GrapeNuts and yogurt and serve along side.
* Limit of two eggs each week.
** Current literature states that 1/8 teaspoon of cinnamon contributes to increasing the metabolism.
Ω Tip: The trick to cooking these is to cook them slowly over lower heat. If you cook them too quickly, you will have a done outside with a raw middle.