4 ½ oz. protein, 1 veggie, and 1 carb per serving
- 2 large cabbage leaves
- 1 large cabbage leaf, shredded or chopped
- ¼ tsp onion powder or to taste
- ¼ tsp garlic powder or to taste
- ¼ tsp Chinese Five Spice (sodium-free) or to taste
- 4½ oz cooked chicken or shrimp, chopped
- ½ cup cooked brown rice
- Steam cabbage leaves over boiling water for 10 minutes. When done they should be soft and pliable but not falling apart, so you may need to adjust the time accordingly.
- While the cabbage is steaming, put the chicken/shrimp, raw cabbage and spices into a mixing bowl.
- Mix together thoroughly.
- Once finished steaming, remove the cabbage leaves from the steamer and place on a kitchen towel. Pat dry.
- Place one leaf on a cutting board and place ½ of the rice and ½ of the chicken/shrimp mixture in the middle.
- Fold both of the sides in, fold the side closest to you over and roll as you would a burrito.
- Do this for both leaves.