4 ½ oz. protein, 1 veggie, and 1 carb per serving
- 4½ oz turkey breast tenderloin*
- ½ tbsp peach preserves (0 g fat & no more than 30 calories)
- 4 green onions
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp hot sauce (more if you like it HOT!)
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp shredded lime peel ♦
- ½ cup cooked wild rice
- 1½ cup salad mix
For The Grill:
- Lightly spray unheated grill rack with nonstick cooking spray. Prepare grill for medium direct heat cooking.
- In food processor or blender, purée preserves, green onions, garlic, hot sauce, black pepper, lime juice & lime peel. You may need to add a little water if the mixture isn't a paste.
- Spread tenderloin with the purée.
- Place tenderloin on rack over medium hot grill.
- Turn frequently for even cooking & browning.
- Cook tenderloin for about 20 minutes or until meat is no longer pink.
- Serve the rice and salad along side.
- Spread tenderloin with the purée and place on a broiler pan sprayed lightly with nonstick cooking spray.
- Broil for 6 minutes.
- Turn over; brush with purée and return to broiler for about 5 more minutes.
- Brush again with purée and broil for another 4 to 5 minutes until tenderloin reaches 170° on meat thermometer.
* Tip: This same recipe may be done with chicken breast!
♦ Hint: When getting the lime peel, make sure you only get the green outside. The white pith, the membrane that is located between the peel and flesh of the lime, is bitter.