- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- small bunch thyme, leaves picked
- ¼ tsp mustard seeds, crushed
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1¾ cup low/no-sodium, fat-free broth (up to 30 calories) *
- 1 celery root, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 lb parsnips, peeled and cut into thin rounds
1 Veggie per serving
- Heat oven to 400°.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over a medium-high heat, add the onions, thyme leaves, mustard seeds and 1 tbsp water, and cook for 10-15 mins. If the onions start to over-caramelize or burn, add a splash more water.
- Once the onions are soft, add the vinegar and simmer for 1 min.
- Meanwhile, bring the stock to the boil in a medium pan.
- Add the celery root and parsnips, and simmer for 6 mins, stirring occasionally.
- Layer the vegetables with the onions in a large ovenproof dish.
- Pour over enough stock to come halfway up the vegetables, then bake for 30 mins until golden and cooked through.
* Product Recommendation: Some brands that fit within the guidelines are: Kitchen Basics Unsalted Chicken Stock and Imagine Organic Low Sodium Free Range Chicken Broth. These are only options, not the only ones you can use.