4 ½ oz. protein, 1 veggie, and 1 carb per serving
- 4½ oz. or 3/4 cup cooked chicken - cubed
- 1½ cup total celery, onions, mushrooms and squash. *
- 1 medium potato (2½ - 3") - cubed
- 1 cup low/no-sodium, fat-free broth (up to 30 calories) **
- 1 cup water
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- ½ tsp curry powder
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp pumpkin pie spice
- pepper (to taste)
- In a saucepan, combine all of the ingredients.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 45 minutes.
* Tip: You may omit the celery, onions, mushrooms and squash from the soup and have a 1½ cup side salad.
** Product Recommendation: Some brands that fit within the guidelines are: Kitchen Basics Unsalted Chicken Stock and Imagine Organic Low Sodium Free Range Chicken Broth. These are only options, not the only ones you can use.