4 ½ oz. protein, 1 veggie, and 1 carb per serving
- 5 ½ - 6 oz. fresh or frozen tilapia*
- 1½ cup leeks, sliced length-wise
- juice of ½ lemon
- lemon and orange zest
- lemon and orange slices
- parsley and/or dill (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- 2½" long sweet potato, baked
- Prepare BBQ/grill or preheat oven to 350°.
- In a small bowl, combine lemon juice and zest.
- Baste fish with the mixture and top with pepper, herbs, and citrus slices.
- Slice the leeks length-wise. Using the dark green leaves as a handle, rinse cut white and light green section of leek under cool running water, fanning them apart to remove all dirt and grit.
- Wrap ingredients in aluminum foil and place on the BBQ/grill or in preheated oven.
- Cook fish for 5-10 minutes or until it is thoroughly cooked.
- Remove the fish, citrus slices and leeks from the foil and place on plate.
- Serve a 2½" baked sweet potato along side.
* Tip: You can use any whitefish if you don't care for Tilapia.
∞ Hint: If your lemon is not very juicy, put it in the microwave for 10 seconds to help it release its juices.