- ¼ cup quinoa *, rinsed well
- ½ cup water
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1 cup cauliflower flowerets
- ¼ cup bell pepper (any color)
- ¼ cup zucchini, halved lengthwise & sliced into ¼" pieces
- 2½ oz fat-free feta, crumbled (0-1 fat gram/not over 100 cal)
- 2 tbsp fat free citrus dressings**
1 Veggie, 1 dairy, AND 1 carb per serving
- Combine the rinsed quinoa, water & garlic in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and cook covered for 10 minutes.
- With a slotted spoon, remove half of the quinoa from the saucepan. This can be stored in the fridge until your next meal.
- Add the cauliflower and check to see that there's still water in the quinoa; if not, add 2 tbsp of water.
- Cover & cook on low for 5 minutes, or until water is absorbed & quinoa is tender.
- Transfer the quinoa/cauliflower to a large serving bowl and add the zucchini and bell peppers.
- Sprinkle on the dressing & cheese, toss, and refrigerate until ready to serve.
* There can be 0-1 fat grams and no more than 100 calories per serving for the cooked quinoa.
** Brand Suggestion: Bragg's Hawaiian Dressing and Maple Grove Farms Lime Basil dressing. You may use any citrus dressing you like as long as it has 0 - 1 fat grams and no more than 30 calories per meal.
∞ Hint: Adding the cauliflower in with the quinoa in the last five minutes will soften it slightly without making it soft and lose its crunch. If you prefer it raw, just add it to the salad with the peppers and zucchini.