- 1 whole grain tortilla *
- 1 egg scrambled **
- 1 slice fat free cheese
- 1 tbsp Salsa
- 1 dash of hot sauce (more if you like it HOT!)
1 fruit, ½ dairy & 1 carb per serving
- Scramble eggs on medium heat in a nonstick pan, using 5 squirts of butter spray.
- Take the scrambled egg and place it in the center of a warmed tortilla.
- Top with the cheese and hot sauce, if desired, and then roll it.
- Top it with the salsa.
* Whole grain products provide the body with the trace elements it needs to utilize carbohydrates effectively. The body also burns approximately ¼ of the calories involved just to break down a whole grain product. Therefore, a piece of whole grain bread is approved to contain 120 calories and 0-1 gram of fat. The label must say whole grain, not wheat flour, rye flour, etc.
** Limit of two eggs each week.