- 1 ½ cups eggplant cut into ¼ inch slices
- 2 ½ oz fat free mozzarella, shredded
- ½ cup fat free croutons or ½ cup corn flakes
- ¼ cup fat free pasta sauce *
- 1 egg **, beaten or ½ container Egg Beaters®
1 Veggie, 1 dairy, and 1 carb
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Crush croutons or corn flakes between 2 pieces of wax paper using a kitchen mallet or rolling pin.
- Dip eggplant in egg, then coat with crumbs.
- Place slices in a non-stick pan.
- Cover eggplant with pasta sauce and top with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
* Product Recommendation: Two Brands that fit the guidelines: Hunt's Pasta Sauce No Added Sugar and Walnut Acres Low Sodium Tomato & Basil. These are only recommendations, not the only ones you can use.
** Limit of two eggs each week.