- 2 slices whole wheat diet bread
(0-1 gram fat, up to 120 calories.)
- 1 egg*
- ½ cup skim milk
- 1 tbsp sugar free preserves or jam (optional)
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon (optional)**
- 1/8 tsp vanilla (optional)
1 fruit, ½ dairy & 1 carb per serving
- Preheat a nonstick skillet on medium heat
- Coat with 5 squirts “butter spray” (I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter® or Parkay®)
- Beat together egg, skim milk, cinnamon, and vanilla
- Place bread slices in egg mixture, coating both sides
- Place bread in skillet and brown, turning once
- Top with preserves and dig in!
* Limit of two eggs each week.
** Aids in burning fat, is said to as much as triple insulin sensitivity. Fights insulin resistance which is very important.