4 ½ oz. protein, 1 veggie, and 1 carb per serving
- 1 lb sea bass or flounder fillets, cut into ½" pieces
- 1 cup fresh lime juice
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped & seeded
- 1 habañero pepper, seeded & finely minced *
- 2 cups red onion, finely diced
- 2 English muffins **
- In a large glass bowl, combine all of the ingredients, except for the onions.
- Toss well and put the onion on top.
- Cover with plastic wrap and allow to sit in the refrigerator for 1½ hours.
- After the 1½ hours, stir to incorporate the onion.
- Let sit in refrigerator for at least another hour or up to 3 hours.
- To serve: Using a slotted spoon, portion out the ceviche into 4 servings. Put it on top of or serve along side the english muffin half.
* Tip: If you want to reduce the amount of spice, you may omit the habañero all together or use only half. Another option would be to substitute it with jalapeño and still use only half the amount.
** Remember: Each serving should contain 0-1 fat grams and not over 100 calories. Help yourself weight wise as well as health wise...eat whole grains.
∞ Note: During the marinating process the fish will change from translucent to white in color and become opaque.