- 1/3 lb fresh asparagus
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon zest
- black pepper (to taste)
- Rinse asparagus & break off any tough, white bottoms.
- Cut into 1-2 inch sections, slicing the asparagus at a slight diagonal.
- Fill medium sized pan half way with water and bring to a boil.
- Add the asparagus and reduce heat slightly to a simmer.
- Parboil the asparagus for exactly 2 minutes.
- Drain hot water.
- While asparagus is still hot, measure out 1 cup and toss them in a bowl with the lemon juice and zest and add pepper to taste.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.