4 ½ oz. protein, 1 veggie, and 1 carb per serving
- 5 ½ - 6 oz. fresh or frozen tilapia
- juice of ½ lemon *
- 1-3 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ tsp. pepper
- ¼ tsp. Mrs. Dash or any other sodium-free seasoning
- ¼ tsp. cumin powder
- 1/8 tsp. turmeric
- 1 cup cooked vegetables * *
- ½ cup cooked brown or wild rice
- Place fish in a small bowl.
- Add garlic, black pepper, Mrs. Dash, cumin and turmeric. Ensuring to coat both sides of the fish.
- Cover and marinate at least 1 hour in refrigerator.
- Preheat the oven to 400°.
- Place fish in a non-stick baking dish and cover with the marinade.
- Bake 10-12 minutes depending on thickness or until fish flakes easily.
- Squeeze the lemon juice over the fish. Serve with rice and vegetables.
* Hint: If your lemon is not very juicy, put it in the microwave for 10 seconds to help it release its juices.
** Tip: You can use any vegetable you would like, but we recommend broccoli or green beans.