- 1 whole grain tortilla *
- 2 ½ oz fat free cheese, shredded or slices
- 1 ½ cups green & red peppers, cut into ¼ inch strips
- 1 egg **, beaten or ½ container Egg Beaters®
- 1 tbsp fat free margarine
- ¼ cup salsa
1 Veggie, ½ dairy, and 1 carb
- Preheat small non-stick pan on medium heat then melt ½ tablespoons of the margarine.
- Lightly sauté peppers until crispy-tender.
- Remove from pan and place on a serving dish.
- Melt the remaining ½ tablespoon of margarine.
- Add beaten egg and cheese and cook until egg is set and cheese is melted.
- Roll egg mixture in tortilla and serve on bed of peppers.
- Top with salsa.
* Whole grain products provide the body with the trace elements it needs to utilize carbohydrates effectively. The body also burns approximately ¼ of the calories involved just to break down a whole grain product.
Therefore, a piece of whole grain bread is approved to contain 120 calories and 0-1 gram of fat. The label must say whole grain, not wheat flour, rye flour, etc.
** Remember: Limit of two eggs each week.