- 1 corn tortilla (0-1 gram of fat & < 100 calories/serving)
- 2½ oz fat free cheese, shredded
- 1½ cups total chopped lettuce & tomatoes
- 1 tbsp salsa
1 Veggie, 1 dairy, AND 1 carb per serving
- Take the corn tortilla and cut it into sixths.
- Spread the tortilla wedges out in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Bake until golden brown and crisp, about 12 to 15 minutes, rotating the baking sheet once.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and turn it off. Place the chips on a ceramic or glass plate.
- You will then top them with the cheese and place back in the cooling oven until the cheese is melted, about 5 - 7 minutes.
(Note: If you don't want your cheese melted, skip this step.)
- Top them with the lettuce, tomatoes & salsa.
♦ Tip: Try seasoning your chips before baking; using chili powder, garlic powder, Mrs. Dash's Fiesta Lime or Southwest Chipotle seasoning mix.
∞ You may also use the veggies and some of the cheese to make yourself a nice side salad!