- 1 cup fresh pineapple, cubed
- juice and zest 1 lime
- 1 small piece of ginger, sliced
- handful Thai basil leaves, plus a few extra little ones to serve
1 fruit per serving
- A couple of days before eating, put everything into a blender with 3/4 cups water (or enough to make the mixture smooth) and blend until very smooth.
- Pour the mixture into 4 freezable containers and freeze overnight until solid.
- A few hours before serving, remove one container from the freezer and allow to defrost slightly so it slides out of the container in a block. You still have 3 containers you can make into sorbet later!
- Chop the block into ice cube-sized chunks and pulse in the blender again until you have a thick, slushy purée.
- Place the purée back into the container and refreeze for 1 hr or until it can be scooped out.
- To serve, scoop the sorbet into chilled bowls or glasses and top with extra basil.