4 ½ oz. protein, 1 veggie, and 1 carb per serving
- 5 ½ oz. pork tenderloin, cut into 1" cubes
- 1 green bell pepper, cut in chunks
- 1 medium spanish or red onion, cut in chunks
- 6 medium sized mushrooms
- 3 small organic new potatoes
- fat free marinade (lemon pepper, BBQ, etc)
- skewers (soaked*)
- Place pork chunks in a shallow bowl and pour on ½ cup marinade.
- Preheat outdoor grill until coals are hot (or an indoor grill or broiler if it’s raining.)
- Skewer marinated pork chunks, alternating with veggies and potatoes.
- Cook on grill, basting occasionally with more marinade, until pork is done and veggies are nicely singed.
- DIG IN!!!
|* Note:||Bamboo/Wood Skewers are soaked in water to prevent them from burning when placed on the fire. Place them in a wide, shallow dish and cover with water and soak for at least an hour.|
Ω Tip: Pork can be substituted with chicken breast, lean lamb, or extra-lean (4% fat) beef.
∞ Hint: If you prefer, omit the small potatoes and serve on a bed of whole-grain or wild rice (½ cup).