2 ½ oz. protein*, 1 Veggie, 1 dairy, AND 1 carb
- 1½ tbsp ancho chili powder
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ¼ tsp ground cumin
- 1/8 tsp freshly ground pepper
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Pinch of allspice
- 2½ oz - pork tenderloin, cut into 1/3" cubes
- 1 medium white onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp cider vinegar
- 5 tbsp minced cilantro
- 2 ½ oz fat free shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 warmed 6" fat-free tortilla
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the first 6 ingredients.
- Add the pork, onion, vinegar & ¼ cup of the cilantro and mix well.
- At this point you may either cover and refrigerate the pork in the marinade for up to an hour or continue to the next step.
- In a large non-stick skillet, add the pork and stir-fry over moderately high heat until browned outside and just cooked through.
- Transfer the pork to a colander to drain, then sprinkle with the cheese and the remaining 1 tbsp of cilantro.
- Place the pork on the warmed tortilla and serve with sautéed onions, lettuce, tomatoes or pico de gallo.
* Remember: You need to add 2 oz. of protein for dinner!
♦ Note: For your veggie, you may cook the onion that was in the marinade and top your taco with 1 cup. You may also top your taco with 1½ cup lettuce or you may use a total of 1½ cups of lettuce and tomatoes.