4 ½ oz. protein, 1 veggie, and 1 carb per serving
- ½ c black or pinto beans
- ¾ c cooked brown rice
- 1 baked potato - 3" long
- 1½ c total cucumber, onion & tomatoes
- Cut up the cucumbers, onions and tomatoes and place in a bowl with balsamic vinegar. You only need enough to cover.
- Put potato (sweet or regular) into a preheated oven or microwave until cooked through.
- Stir together the cooked brown rice and beans.
- Put the rice and beans on a plate along side the potato and marinated veggies.
* Remember: Eating the rice and beans together counts as your 4½ oz of protein. If you eat them separately, then they count as complex carbohydrates.
∞ Hint: You may top your baked potato with butter-buds, pepper, sodium free seasoning mix (Mrs. Dash or Italian Seasoning), or fresh herbs.