- ½ small acorn squash
- 2½ oz fat free cheese, cubed or shredded
- cinnamon (to taste)
- black pepper (to taste)
1 dairy AND 1 carb per serving
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Cut squash in half length-ways and scoop out the seeds. Cover 2nd half in plastic wrap and save for another recipe.
- Put the squash cut side down on a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Place in the oven for approx 30-40 minutes or until the squash is soft.
- Remove from the oven and turn (Careful, it will be hot); if it doesn't sit flat on the cookie sheet, you may need to trim enough off the bottom so it does.
- Fill the cavity with 2½ oz cheese & sprinkle with pepper and cinnamon.
- Return to the oven and bake for an additional 5 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for approx 5-10 minutes.
- You may either eat out of the shell or, using a large spoon, scoop the squash and cheese out.
∞ Remember: You still need to add 1 serving of your favorite vegetable.