4 ½ oz. protein, 1 veggie, and 1 carb per serving
- 5 oz medium or large peeled, raw shrimp
- 1½ cups total stir fry veggies
- ¼ cup fat free/low sodium chicken broth*
- ½ tbsp minced garlic
- hot sauce (to taste)
- ½ cup brown rice, cooked
- Preheat a non-stick fry pan or wok on medium-high heat.
- Add broth and garlic to pan, then add shrimp and sauté for 1 minute (or until shrimp turns pink).
- Toss in stir-fried veggies (can include, but not limited to, red and green bell pepper sliced thin, snapped pea pods, sliced scallion or onion) and hot sauce and continue to cook for 2 - 3 minutes or until veggies are crispy-tender.
- Spoon over top of the rice and show off your chopstick skills.
* Product Recommendation: Some brands that fit within the guidelines are: Kitchen Basics Unsalted Chicken Stock and Imagine Organic Low Sodium Free Range Chicken Broth. These are only options, not the only ones you can use.