4 ½ oz. protein, 1 veggie, and 1 carb per serving
- 4 ½ oz. fresh or defrosted scallops
- ½ tsp dry mustard
- 1 tsp pepper flakes (adjust to your spice level)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ tsp pepper
- juice of one lemon *
- ½ cup water
- 1 ½ cup fresh or defrosted asparagus
- 3" long potato, sliced
- Mix together lemon juice, dry mustard, pepper flakes, garlic, pepper & scallops.
- Fill a non-stick frying pan with ½ cup water and place in scallops.
- Cover with lid and cook on MED for 10 minutes, turning them once.
- While scallops cook, slice a 3" long potato into ¼ - ½" slices and cook on a grill or lightly sprayed grill-pan until tender.
- Take the asparagus and steam it for 5-10 minutes, depending on thickness, or until tender.
- When scallops are done, remove from the pan and place on a plate with the grilled potatoes and asparagus. Spoon any remaining pan juices over the asparagus and scallops.
* Hint: If your lemon is not very juicy, put it in the microwave for 10 seconds to help it release its juices.
∞ Tip: Shrimp can be substituted for the scallops in this recipe.