4 ½ oz. protein, 1 veggie, and 1 carb per serving
- 5 oz. raw beef, round (fat trimmed) OR 4 ½ oz raw chicken*
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp basil
- ¼ tsp chili powder
- black pepper (to taste)
- 3" baked potato
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Place ½ of the diced tomato in a casserole dish.
- Add meat on top of tomatoes and top with minced garlic.
- In a small bowl, toss the rest of the tomato with oregano, basil, chili powder & black pepper. Place on top of steak.
- Cover tightly with aluminum foil or lid.
- Bake for 45 - 60 minutes.
- Serve a 3" long baked potato on the side.
* Tip: If using chicken, sear each side for a minute or two in a frying pan sprayed lightly with a nonstick cook spray. Then follow the same steps as listed above.