2 ½ oz. protein*, 1 Veggie, 1 dairy, AND 1 carb
- 3 oz raw Maverick Ranch® ground round
(This shrinks about ½ oz during cooking)
- 1 cup lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces
- ¼ cup cucumber, chopped
- ¼ cup onion, chopped (Spanish onion or scallion works well)
- ¼ cup tomato, chopped
- 2 ½ oz fat free cheese, shredded
- sodium-free taco seasoning mix (to taste)
- ¼ cup salsa
- 1 tbsp fat free sour cream
- tortilla chips (recipe below)
- Brown ground beef in a small non-stick fry pan on medium heat.
- Drain, rinse (to remove excess fat), and place back in pan.
- Add ½ cup water and taco seasoning mix.
- When it gets bubbly, reduce heat to low and simmer for about 2 minutes.
- Place lettuce in bottom of a salad bowl.
- Then add ground beef, onion, and tomato in layers.
- Top off with crushed tortilla chips, shredded cheese, and salsa.
- Serve with fat free sour cream.
- Preheat oven to 450°
- Cut corn or flour tortilla (0-1 gram fat & not over 95 cal/serv) into triangle-shape wedges
- Season if desired
- Bake in oven until crisp
* Remember: You need to add 2½ oz. of protein for dinner!
♦ Hint: Dipping a fork in sour cream or salad dressing before spearing the food can make a little go a long way!