- ¼ cup canned artichoke hearts in water, chopped
- ¼ cup tomatoes, chopped
- ¼ cup onion, chopped
- ½ cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1½ tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- 1½ tbsp skim milk
- 1¼ tsp unbleached all-purpose flour
- ½ cup whole wheat pasta, cooked
1 Veggie, 1 dairy, AND 1 carb per serving
- Heat a non-stick skillet over MED-HI heat.
- Put the mushrooms into the skillet and sauté until they are lightly brown.
- Add in the artichokes and 1/3 cup of the juice they came in. Heat to simmering.
- Mix together the flour and milk. Stir mixture into the artichoke juice until it reaches the desired consistency.
- Add in the onions, tomatoes & basil.
- Cook for a short time, leaving the vegetables firm.
- Place the cooked pasta on a plate or in a bowl.
- Top the pasta with the sauce.
∞ Serve this along side 7 oz of skim milk.