4 ½ oz. protein, 1 veggie, and 1 carb per serving
- 4 ½ oz chicken, after cooked
- ½ medium tomato, chopped
- ¼ cup water or chicken broth*
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 leaves basil, rolled & sliced
- 1/8 tsp oregano, fresh or dried
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- cayenne pepper (to taste)
- black pepper (to taste)
- salt-free seasoning blend (ex: Mrs. Dash) (to taste)
- ½ cup whole wheat pasta, cooked
- Lightly brown the chicken in small saucepan with lemon juice on MED. Weigh to get 4.5 oz portion and return to saucepan.
- Add garlic, onion, spices & water or broth.
- After chicken is cooked, add fresh tomatoes and basil.
- Continue cooking for 5-10 minutes.
- Add pepper and salt-free seasoning blend to taste, garnish with fresh basil.
- Serve along side the cooked whole wheat pasta.
* Brand Suggestion: Kitchen Basics Unsalted Chicken Stock and Imagine Organic Low Sodium Free Range Chicken Broth. These are only options, not the only ones you can use.