- 2 roma (plum) tomatoes - chopped
- ½ cup roasted red peppers in water.
- ¼ - ½ clove minced garlic
- 1 tsp fresh basil, stems removed
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper (or to taste)
- 1 slice sourdough bread * (0-1 g fat; no more than 100 calories)
- 2½ oz shredded fat free mozzarella cheese
1 Veggie, 1 dairy, AND 1 carb per serving
- Preheat the broiler.
- In a bowl, combine the tomatoes, red pepper, garlic, vinegar, basil & pepper. Allow to sit for 10 minutes.
- Lay the slice of bread on a baking sheet & broil for 1 to 2 minutes, until slightly brown.
- Remove from the broiler and slice the bread into 4 pieces.
- Divide the tomato mixture among the four pieces.
- Top with the cheese.
- Broil for 5 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.
* Brand Recommendation: Cobblestone Mill's San Francisco Sourdough bread. You may use any you like as long as it has 0 - 1 fat grams and no more than 100 calories.
Ω This whole recipe may also be done in a toaster oven.