4 ½ oz. protein, 1 veggie, and 1 carb per serving
- 1 lb ground turkey breast
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 - 2 tsp red pepper flakes (to your heat level)
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1½ cup total onions & peppers, sliced
- ½ cup cooked brown rice
- 1 tsp cumin (for rice)
- 1 pinch saffron (for rice)
- Mix turkey and spices together in a medium bowl. Mix in vinegar.
- Cover chorizo and refrigerate overnight.
- When ready to serve, divide the chorizo into 4 portions.
- Cut the onion and pepper length wise and then slice thinly from end to end.
- Heat a non-stick pan over Med-High heat and crumble up the chorizo (spiced turkey from step #1) into the pan.
- Toss the veggies in with chorizo and sauteé until everything is cooked through.
- While the veggies and chorizo are sauteéing, start the water for the rice.
- After you have added the rice to the boiling water, add a pinch of saffron to the water.
- Once the rice is cooked, stir in 1 tsp cumin.
- Serve the chorizo and veggies over or along side ½ cup cooked brown rice.
º Note: If you want chorizo patties, make 4 individual servings and cook. Freeze left-over servings for later.