- 3" potato (organic)
- ½ medium carrot, finely diced
- 1 tbsp onion (any variety), diced
- 2 button mushrooms, diced
- ¾ cup baby spinach, chopped
- black pepper (to taste)
- sodium-free seasoning mix (to taste)
- 2 slices fat-free sharp* cheddar cheese
1 Veggie, 1 dairy, AND 1 carb per serving
- Pierce potato with a fork and cook in microwave on high until tender (about 5 minutes).
- While the potato is cooking, prepare the filling.
- Lightly spray a small non-stick skillet with cooking spray and place over medium heat.
- Add the carrot, onion and mushroom. Sprinkle with black pepper and sodium-free seasoning mix.
- Sauté for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add spinach and allow to wilt.
- Remove skillet from the heat.
- Remove the cooked potato from the microwave and carefully slice it lengthwise down the middle. Squeeze the ends to fluff the insides.
- Tear the slices of cheddar cheese into small pieces and lay them inside the potato. Loosely tent with aluminum foil or place in the microwave for 15 seconds to melt the cheese.
- Place the potato on a plate and fill with ¾ cup of the filling.
* Brand Recommendation: Kraft Fat Free Singles Sharp Cheddar. This is only an option, not the only one you can use.
Ω Note: Store any remaining filling in a lidded container in the refrigerator for the next time you want to jazz up a boring potato.