4 ½ oz. protein, 1 veggie, and 1 carb per serving
- ¾ c balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup low/no-sodium, fat-free broth (up to 30 calories) *
- 1 tsp dried minced onion
- ½ tsp dried minced garlic
- ½ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp crushed, dried rosemary
- ¼ tsp dried parsley flakes
- ¼ tsp chili powder
- 1/8 tsp dried oregano
- 4 (6 oz) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1½ cup total mixed greens
- Whisk together the vinegar, broth (or water), onion, red pepper flakes, garlic, pepper, paprika, rosemary, parsley, chili powder and oregano in a bowl.
- Pour the liquid into a resealable plastic bag and add the chicken breasts.
- Coat the chicken breasts with the marinade, squeeze out the excess air and seal the bag.
- Marinate in the refrigerator 30 minutes or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 400°.
- Line a baking sheet with non-stick aluminum foil or lightly grease a broiler pan.
- Remove the chicken breasts from the marinade and shake off the excess.
- Discard the remaining marinade and place the breasts onto the baking sheet or broil pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the breasts are golden brown and no longer pink in the center, about 40 minutes.
- Serve 1 chicken breast along side the salad and Guiltless Potato Wedges sprinkled with any combination of the above herbs & spices.
* Product Recommendation: Some brands that fit within the guidelines are: Kitchen Basics Unsalted Chicken Stock and Imagine Organic Low Sodium Free Range Chicken Broth. These are only options, not the only ones you can use.