4 ½ oz. protein, 1 veggie, and 1 carb per serving
- 4 (6 oz) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 3 large onions, sliced into ½" rings or half-moons
- 2 cups mushrooms, quartered
- 3 - 5 cloves garlic, unpeeled and whole
- juice of half lemon
- ground black pepper (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Heat non-stick saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the onion and mushrooms. Stir constantly until slightly tender, approximately 5 minutes.
- Transfer mixture to a glass baking dish and place chicken on top.
- Squeeze lemon juice onto the breasts and sprinkle with pepper.
- Place garlic around and on top of chicken and cover tightly either with a lid or aluminum foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the breasts are no longer pink in the center, 30 - 45 minutes.
- Serve 1 chicken breast on top of 1 cup cooked onions and serve along side Guiltless Potato Wedges sprinkled with any herbs and/or spices.
|∞ Tip:||You can portion out the chicken breast and onions into individual containers. This way you can use them throughout the week. If there are any leftover chicken breasts, they can be frozen for a later day.|